Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"It Makes a Difference to This One"...

A rough storm came up one night and left a sandy beach strewn with starfish. The next morning, a child walked along the shore, stopping every few feet to pick up a starfish and flinging it out into the sea. An old man watched the child and finally shouted at him, "Why bother, son? There's too many starfish to make a difference!". With that, the boy picked up another starfish and looked at it intently before heaving it out into the sea. He then turned to the old man and said...
"It Makes A Difference To This One"...

3 comments:

Brandie said...

I've never heard this story. Love it!

Becky said...

I have thought a lot about lunch! Torie is very used to a cooked lunch at daycare, so this is probably my biggest worry for her. I did buy a thermos brand thermos for hot or cold foods. I go to babycenter a lot and this topic was very popular there too. Here's the link.
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a11676545/preschool_lunch_ideas

If it doesn't work, let me know. Maybe I can email it to you or something. The ladies there had a ton of ideas. I am willing to try them, I just hope Torie is willing to eat them! I am so excited about Monday-I simply cannot wait to leave work early to pick her up and see how her day went.

LeAnne Grissom said...

I like your story. It is so very true. I thought my little email was to cute not to share. I am glad you got a good laugh. I can't wait until tomorrow to see all the kids. I can't wait to see what Olivia has on. She will be the little fashion chick I am sure. Remember if I can help you guys in any way I will be more than glad to help you. Just give me a shout Monday morning if you have time. Have a great week.

Ps. The boys said to tell Olivia to have a good time at school.