Sunday, August 30, 2009

Growing up already...

Yes, it is 4:52 a.m. and I have been up since 3:00 a.m. reading. Guess what I am reading??? That's right, nursing stuff!!!! We had orientation last Wednesday, and they gave us 8 chapters to read before Monday's first class (and more if we want to be over achievers). This is going to be 4 CRAZY months!! Which leads to me to my next subject ~ Olivia

I am afraid I will not get to post very much after tomorrow, so I wanted to do a post today. Saturday was a major day for the Jones family. Friday night (or Saturday morning around 2 or 3 a.m.), I heard what I thought was Jason in the bathroom using the potty. Then, I noticed some heavy breathing beside me and quickly realized it wasn't him, it was Olivia!! So, I laid there waiting on her to hollar at me for help, when she quickly ran back to her room and went to bed! How sad! She got up on her own, went to bathroom and then went back to bed. She just turned 3!! She has NEVER done this. She has always screamed for me to come get her and take her to potty and then take her back to bed! It took Jason and I a while to go back to sleep after this. THEN ~ Saturday afternoon (SAME DAY), I was in the bathroom getting ready to go to Foodland and her daddy was downstairs playing his Xbox, and I kept thinking "Boy, Olivia is being awful quiet today." (You see, she is usually in the bathroom talking my head off as I get ready. I just ASSUMED she was downstairs talking daddy's head off :-) Well, her daddy came in the bathroom and said, "When did you lay Olivia down?" Well, guess what, she had put herself down for her nap!!!!! Unbelievable..THEN, (not anything really big), she decided she could swing herself on the swings while we were outside playing Saturday afternoon! Ugh!!! What in the world happened to her Friday night??? Growing up already!!!!! How freaking sad!!!!

1 comment:

Saylorsmom said...

bless her heart. I know it is happy and sad when stuff like that happens. She is being independent and that is great! She is always going to need her mommy. It will surprise you what she will need help with. lol Good luck with school too. You will be great and it will be worth it in the end. I am very proud of you. I don't think i could do it. Love you girl!