Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happiness.....

So, I had an incident that really touched my heart, as well as my husbands, and I wanted to share it. No one has ever mentioned this to me about their children, (so this came as a surprise to me), but I just had to mention it. Olivia has really gotten into movies. She loves to pop in a movie and watch it. One of her many favorites is Chicken Little. A couple of weeks ago, I was doing homework or something on the computer and Olivia was in the living room watching Chicken Little. All of a sudden, I hear her just start roaring with laughter and laughing out loud at the movie. Now, I know this sounds so dumb, but it just melted my heart. Hearing my child giggling with laughter and happiness, was the most wonderful thing my ears had ever heard. I am not sure why? I got up and watched her from down the hallway for a few minutes, then I went back to what I was doing and never mentioned it. Well, last night, she did it again and I saw Jason come around the corner smiling from ear to ear watching her. He had the same reaction I did and felt the exact same way I did when I heard it. I am not sure what it is, but it is such a wonderful feeling. I mean she laughs all the time, but something about it just touched our hearts. I thought it was just me the first time it happened. I love her so much. I never knew love like this until I had a child. Just wanted to share.

9 comments:

Tenara King said...

I agree. There is nothing like hearing or seeing your child having such a pure happiness. I love watching Jax when he thinks I am not. They are so innocent!

Danielle said...

I know exactly what you mean. I love to hear Marlee and Maggie playing together. They always make each other laugh and it is the sweetest sound. Isn't it great to experience all the wonderful things they do?

Ashley's Attic said...

Pure JOY is the only words to describe that laughter! When my Chalee smiles at me or laughs...those are the words that pop into my head and I can't think of anything else (I can only imagine how I'll feel when I have one of my own!) and I think that's why God gives us these kids...stress relief!

Amy said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Nice to 'blog' meet you lol
I think your little child is precious! I am inspired by your blog!
Amy

LeAnne Grissom said...

That is one of thoes treasured moments in your life as a family you will never forget. I know when my boys are laughing now it means theres trouble coming. Enjoy the sweet little laughter, because when they get bigger it usually means somethings up. The somethings up laughter is the best, because you know they are going to do something to you and you still have to act suprised.

Alison Cummins said...

What a sweet story! I love it when Arden makes Channing laugh. There is nothing any sweeter than that!!! I hope you guys are having a good week! See you Sunday!

Shea Thompson said...

Tanya!! I just got your messages!! Thank you so much for all your comments!! And don't envy me too much...I was a complete chicken about dyeing my hair brown! And for good reason. My hair dresses did not put any red in my hair, but there is a ton in the family, well to our surprise my hair turned red!! Needless to say I'm going today to have it fixed!! ha ha And for the nursing!! I so hope I do well on everything! I'm so nervous. It would just be such a huge security blanket for my family if I got through school and got a good job!! I am taking dosage and calculations on-line as well, and we definitely can and should help each other! And can I just say... You have the most gorgeous baby girl I have ever seen!! I go to your page all the time just to show my husband Kyle. lol There is just something within all of you that brightens my day. I just have to look at a photo and know God has blessed you so greatly. How could someone deny God and not believe in miracles when they look into a child's eyes! Hope you have a great day!!
Shea and Keagan :)

Veronica Stepien said...

That kind of laughter makes me smile. My gilrs both have a big laugh that makes me smile. I so enjoy reading your blog. God bless!

Veronica Stepien said...

Yes, I do have a sister named Maranda. I think Jason and I had a class together. I'm thinking it was a sociology/psychology class with Mr. Williams. Weren't he and Junior Brown BFF's. I just also want to say i wish I had your hair. LOL!!