Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our First Dentist Appointment....


Today was Olivia's first dentist appointment. I took her to Wild About Smiles in Murfreesboro, and they were wonderful. Olivia did great too. I talked it up for a couple of weeks and had her excited about going. She was especially excited in the very kid friendly waiting area ~BUT~ they called her name and things started going downhill from there. We walked by an area where a little boy was lying down getting his teeth worked on, and she just looked at me with confusion and now ~ UNCERTAINTY! She still did great though while they brushed her teeth and talked to her. She was fine. THEN, they laid her on her back and came at her with a scary mask on their face and those silver instruments... That did it! It was on!!! She was livid!! It is funny now, but while she was crying, I could feel her little body trembling in fear like she did when we gave her that first bath in China at 10 months old. She was terrified. I just wanted to stop right then and forget it, but I knew it had to be done. She was so sweet after it was all over. She looked at me with tear filled eyes and soaking wet hair (from the tears rolling down her face while she was lying down) and said "I did it Mom, I did it!". It was so sweet! I love her so much! I think overall, she did really good for her first visit. They said she did. They said she did great! (But really, like they are going to say "Oh my, your child did horrible!") Anyway, all I think is all that matters!! :-)

6 comments:

Veronica Stepien said...

Tanya yes i meant to tag you. sorr for the confusion. I don't know who th eother one is. Go for it.!!!

Jeremy and Allison said...

Bless her little heart!! I know she must have been so scared. I'm glad she was proud of herself!

LeAnne Grissom said...

I think next to shots that was the most devistating experience my boys ever had. The first denist visit. We also go to Wild About Smiles and love it. The boys look forward to going. Have a great weekend.

Alison Cummins said...

I remember Arden's first visit. It was very similar to Olivia's!! :) It does get better! I promise! And all of the staff is wonderful, especially Angie!

Holly said...

That is the sweetest story. You are an awesome mom! Olivia is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Tonya said...

My kids go there and they love it.. Hannah always asks me if it is time to go back to the dentist.