Friday, July 24, 2009

An update on the Jones family

This is a picture of the baby she got to pick out after her procedure yesterday..I told her if she would be brave and do good I would let her pick out a present after we left.. (She got one anyway, hint, hint! :-)





Isn't this pitiful??? Well, I guess it is time for an update on Olivia and what the Jones household has been up to here lately..

Olivia had surgery on May 12th (I think) to have a brachial cleft pit removed just below her clavicle, and an auricle pit removed at her ear. (Please see previous posts if you do not know what these are) At any rate, surgery went well and Olivia recovered remarkably! BUT, within the week, I noticed this weird jerking and rolling of her eyes when she was trying to go to sleep. Now, luckily, Miss Olivia has always loved her sleep, or I might have mistaken it for "fighting sleep"... But I quickly realized she was having mild seizures as she was drifting off to sleep. We are not sure yet what has caused them, but we are doing lots of tests right now to figure it out. Yesterday we had to go to Franklin to have her hooked up to an EEG machine to wear home and video her last night as she slept. It was not a pretty day, I must say.. She was VERY ticked at me... No lie. I was getting some mean Chinese looks. Anyway, we go today to have it all removed. Then, next Friday, they are doing an MRI at Vanderbilt. The good news is that they have showed up in early childhood, (which they say is a good sign and that it is very possible she will grow out of them). It is heartbreaking though to watch her go through this, although, I know it could be worse. I was VERY mad and upset about all this at first because Olivia has been through so much already, but we are relying on God to get us through and knowing there is a reason for it. It is the only way we can cope. She doesn't really have problems during the day, it is mostly at night when drifting off to sleep or when she wakes in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. So sad....We have started seizure medication and it has helped, I guess we are just still praying for a miracle...She will be starting a new school (Westwood) in a few weeks and she is very excited, as are we. Whew, at any rate, that's what our Miss Olivia has been up to...

Me, well, I have been trying to take care of Miss Olivia, and getting stuff ready for nursing school and praying that we have this situation with Olivia resolved somewhat before school begins, because I will be honest, I do not think I can handle the stress of both. I am obsessed right now with Olivia, and I am really worried about school. At any rate, I have bought uniforms, had tuberculosis tests, physicals, tetanus shots, hepatitis shots, varicella titers, background checks, bought books, purchased liability insurance, signed up for my CPR course, drug screened, and the list goes on and on.... Sooooo very excited, yet soooo very nervous. Don't want to let anyone down (including myself!)

Now Jason, poor guy... He is working himself to death, but it has all paid off. He got a promotion last week at work and he is now a supervisor at work...Yay! Go baby go!!!

And that will conclude my post today.... I will try and get Olivia's birthday pics up soon... I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

7 comments:

Morris Family Of Four said...

I Have No Idea How I Would Handle This But, Everyone Knows You Will come through with flying colors. You Have Shown Many Times In Your Post How Brave, Strong And Loving you are.
God Will See You Through.
Love To You All!

Danielle said...

Bless your heart! I sure hope everything goes well with Olivia. I know that I would be worried sick. You will make it through!

By the way, Maggie is getting a haircut next week! She can't see with all that hair.

We will be thinking of you all! Please keep us updated.

Unknown said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you! If it weren't for God ad his amazing mercy, I would no doubt be worrisome for you but I know he has got this! Just one day at a time, ya know? Tough times never last, but tough God trusting christians DO!
I'll will be continuously praying! xoxo!

Diamonds & Dumptrucks Boutique said...

Bless your heart! I know god will pull you through! God doesnt put anything on anyone he thinks can't handle it. I will be lifting you up in prayers and miss olivia is still as GORGEOUS as ever!

Brandie said...

You and your sweet family are in my prayers. You will get through this stressful time and be a better person for it. Hang in there!

Wesley said...

Hang in there! Olivia is so cute! I'll be praying for you all!

Alison Cummins said...

Tanya,
I am so sorry you guys are having to go through this, but if anyone can handle it, you guys can! If you need anything, please call me!! I am more than happy to help you do whatever!!

Love you all!