Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Please keep our "Little Livie" in your prayers.....

Today we will be leaving at 5:00 a.m. to head to Knoxville for a round of tests.. Olivia has to have surgery on May 12th for a branchial cleft anomaly on her chest and just above her ear. I am dreading it... I am trying to act like it is no big deal to appear strong for her, but I am scared to death!!! Today we have to go and have a fistulagram and a renal ultrasound done... The fistulagram involves shooting dye through the little holes (sinus cavities that didn't fully develop) to see where they go so the surgeons know all details before the actual surgery begins.... The renal ultrasound is to check her kidney function because sometimes when kids have these anomalies, kidney problems are also involved!! Let's pray we don't have that problem... Like I said, I am scared to death!! But, the kidney ultrasound will relieve my worries of the China Milk scandal where a bunch of kids adopted from China have been found to have kidney issues from tampered milk... (If you don't know about that, you can Google it)... Anyway, please remember us in your prayers the next couple of weeks....I will keep everyone updated...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember you are never alone..GOD is always there. I will be praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Defintely Praying for Livie and for you! Keep us updated! xoxo

Danielle said...

Tanya,

I hope everything goes well with your precious little girl. We will pray for her and your family. Good luck with everything.

Love,
Danielle

Chandi said...

I will definately pray for your family and littl Livie and I'm sure everything will be fine, i know as mothers we worry so much it gets to a point where all we can see is the negative and what could go wrong but she appears to be such a healthy little girl and just keep praying and thinking positive and God will take care of the rest. Update us as soon as you get back and good luck my bloge friend!

Amy said...

Praying! She is so sweet!

Saylorsmom said...

Tonya, I will be praying for Livie and all of you. I know it's scary! Best of luck and let me know if you need anything. Love you!

Kandice said...

i will definitely do that. i'm sure the little cutie will be just fine!

Tonya said...

We will be thinking about you guys...let me know when you find out anything and call if you need anything.

Brandie said...

I am so glad I found your site. Your little Olivia is just precious. You know that things always have a way of working out and they will again. I'll be thinking of you all today.

Alison Cummins said...

I will say a special prayer for you guys! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from me and Baby Chinese!
Love you guys!