Monday, January 12, 2009

First Day of School.....


So today was Olivia's first day of school and she was so very excited about going. I have been talking it up for several weeks now in hopes that today would go smoothly, and it did. Today was "White Day" at school, so everyone was supposed to wear white. (Learning their colors). I dropped her off and the first thing she said to her teachers was "I'm hungry!". Nice huh??? I had told Olivia that her school would be making her breakfast and lunch, so she felt like they needed to know she was ready to eat I guess. I gave her a kiss and left. I called back at 9:30 to check on her for the first time. They said she was doing great but that they thought she might should be moved up to the 3 and 4 year old class because she was so mature. (And that she ate very well this morning by the way). Well, I am not a crier, I just do not tear up that easily. But, I started crying. I couldn't believe it. I am not sure why that upset me so much (I guess somehow that means she's growing up). I went and picked her up at 2:30 and the teachers said "Oh, she'll be so glad your here. Every time that door opens, she hollers "Mommy!" Now how sad is that. She was so happy to see me, but she had a fantastic day. She was in such a good mood all afternoon and I asked her if she wanted to go back tomorrow, and she said "Yes!" I probably should have done this a long time ago. She has been lonely at home I think. She was used to having kids all around her the first 10 months of her life at the orphanage, so this is right up her alley! I am so glad it went as well as it did. Here are a couple more pictures from this morning before her first school day.






After we got home, she decided she needed to read to "Bunny". This is where we sit and cuddle and read to her. Look at those little toes! I love her toes!!




Then, to top off the night, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Jason was running on the treadmill, and "I thought" Olivia was just playing in her room. I did call for her a couple of times and she would say, "I'm in my room", so I ASSUMED she was fine. Well, her dad came and got me and took me to her room and I saw beautiful black locks of hair lying in the floor!!!!!! She had cut her hair!!!!!! I was mortified! I knew she was in her room at her vanity playing when I checked on her last and she had her doll head in the chair doing its hair, but how, when and where she got the scissors, I do not know. Sneaky!! I told her that only her aunt Jen could cut her hair. NOT HER!! She didn't do too much damage. Just looks layered (in some places!!) Teehee. Oh well. By the way, her doll got a haircut too!! Poor girl!

And finally, a picture of Livie having fun in the tub tonight!!

9 comments:

The Bullock's said...

I am so glad she did well at school. I felt he same way, Olivia went to school a few weeks after I got back from China and she adjusted very well. I think you are right that they are use to the kids and structure. Lexi terrorizes the house and I am hoping to get her into preschool for Sept. You will be amazed how fast she learns now, they are like sponges and will amaze you everyday when she gets home.

LeAnne Grissom said...

Just wait until she tells you not to hold her had or kiss her before you take her to school. Last year the boys gave me direct orders for none of that stuff at school. I cried all the way to my school and made sure all my kids gave their moms and dads hugs and kisses before they left. Now you are in the I can cut my hair myself club. Clint thought he would save us money when he cut his to the scalp with scissors in the front of his head. I could just laught then it turned to tears, because I knew we would have to shave his head to even it up. Being a parent is and adventure everyday and it never gets boaring. One lesson I learned was if they are quite you had better get to them quick or you may be in trouble. Have a great week.

nest of posies said...

what a relief for you. the first week was rough for graham. but now he loves going to his little school.
oh my goodness you are so lucky she didn't whack all her hair off. i know one day this will happen at our house. this post was so sweet, and she couldn't be any cuter.
have a super weekend.

Shea Thompson said...

I love all the pictures!! And she is growing so so fast...makes me think how fast Keagan is growing! I wanted to ask when you had Micro? What days and time? I'm hoping we have it together! I need someone to help me get through this!! LOL

Shea Thompson said...

Your right. I guess I just got Micro and Dosage mixed up. I have the new teacher here in McMinnville, No one really knows much about him..so we will see. And yea I'm taking Dosage on-line. Hopefully that will go good. Anatomy II with Garrison is awesome! I absolutely loved that class! You will do great!

Ashley said...

Yes I am going to Motlow and it is on Tuesday and Thursday at like 10:50? i think... please tell me you are in there.. ppplleeaassee :( lol I am like a little kid when it comes to giving speeches!

Ashley said...

oh gosh I do not know if I could do speech with Roger lol, I knew I should have took it online... Yeah I heard she was hard... GREAT! and everything falls on this semester... this is great lol... but the other bad thing is it is a FULL class!! why do we have to have speech? seriously? lol

Amy said...

Of course! Thank you.
Your daughter is the cutest little thing!

Alison Cummins said...

Tanya,
We had a blast, but missed you bunches! I hope Olivia feels better soon! My classes are going great. I start a new one tomorrow!
Love you friend!